How I bootstrapped this blog and how you can do it, too. Let’s assume you want to setup static hosting on
- Register your domain with the registrar of your choice.
- Sign in/up for Cloudflare with your domain.
- Replace the DNS servers of your registrar with the ones you get from Cloudflare.
- In the Cloudflare dashboard under DNS add two entries:
CNAME example.com yourusername.github.io
CNAME www yourusername.github.io
Make sure that you click the Cloudflare icon for both of these entries to turn them on.
- Get started with Github pages as described on this page.
- Add an empty file called
example.comto your repository.
On the Cloudflare side you can tune some settings. I would recommend to turn on caching via pages rules and also turn on minifying under the Speed tab.
Now, you have a static site speed up by Cloudflare which you can use for blogging or just for some personal info.